Here’s a few questions to ask yourself
- Am I absolutely sure that I’ve done everything I can to protect my identity and finances? After all, everyone uses a computer or smart phone these days.
- What am I doing to ensure my passwords are up to scratch using Rawson Verco Need’s “Password Cocktail” methodology?
- Am I using multi-factor authentication (text pass codes or QR) for everything I can, including Email, DropBox and Social Media?
- How do I know I haven’t already been hacked? (you might not until it’s too late).
- How would I explain to my staff — as a business owner and employer — how I failed if their identities and finances were compromised because I thought I was doing everything right, but wasn’t?
Privacy, security and financial safety is about more than simply having a computer guru look after your laptop. It’s a business mindset.
After our last email we began several new conversations with clients and helped them improve their security situation with really simple stuff — especially education and understanding.
If any of your answers concern you, feel free to reach out — we’d love to help.
Next fortnight we’ll be discussing a ‘ransomware’ scenario based on the above, and the implications around it.